<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 02, 2007

千四百七十一: Guidebooks

OK, I finally got off my ass to start doing something for the Thailand trip.

Thailand Guidebooks
Guidebooks to Elephant Hunting

I went to Kinokuniya with the intention to purchase a book, but the more I looked around, the more the prices shocked me. Although the books were good, but to pay $60 was abit too much. I very much preferred the National Geographic one, but i don't know what kind of paper it was printed on; the book was damn heavy!! Would anyone lug a heavy guidebook in their backpack while travelling or a light one? of cos i don't wan to add extra weight to my bag right? the rest were of the same thickness but at least 5 times lighter. very strange. Well, I realised the library was still open and ran up to find all the books I wanted there. :D of cos its now too early to be borrowing and bringing them on holiday, but I figured I'll use these 3 wks to study the book and probably combine the useful pages from these books before I return them.

My Japanese colleague told me I have to ride an elephant when I'm there, she was so enthusiastic about it. I said I would try. hehe.

Work is sorta building up in this last panicking week of UAT. Had to do testing until 8pm today, before I could clear up the reports and stuff, but partly cos I want to clear the tests as much as possible today. If there were going to be bugs, they need more time to solve the bugs and we can only give them more time if we clear the tests and find the bugs earlier right? And the time difference makes it very difficult to work, so its better to clear what we can clear today so they can start working on their part to give us back to work on the rest tomorrow when it's our working hours.

zzz. My hair just doesn't dry. I am so sleepy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u must go see & shop in chatuchak weekend market!

http://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/markets/chatuchak.php

m sure ryo would love it!

12:51 pm GMT+8  
Blogger booboogal said...

Thanks Spitzzzz, the link was pretty useful! :)

3:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try to get the lonely planet one. it's supposed to be the best among all the travel guides.

10:24 am GMT+8  
Blogger booboogal said...

ooh thanks for the tip.. will get the book from my friend!

12:23 am GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read Older Posts

Google
 
Web booboogal.blogspot.com


.