<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 01, 2020

[2051] 2019 to 2020

With some people, you know the relationship is reaching its end when a conversation has become a hidden minefield of one word answers.

Nothing was asked about my day, only I was doing the asking. I guess there's that. Not a word of "How are you?" etc etc.

In 2019, I have rediscovered old friends, bonded closer with some, (some friends send me a message out of the blue every few months to just chat and catch up, that is quite rare nowadays, because there are also the people who send you a message and you dread to open it because it is usually a request of some sort for assistance, or bad news, never ever nothing.) and made resolutions to stay out of touch or out of reach of those always wanting something from me.

This year again flew by (I say that of every year now, sign of old age I think), or maybe with a young baby I'm just trying to survive day to day with minimal sleep.

I was trying to write this before the year ended and ended up writing this on the first day of 2020. Procrastinated to the max!

Summary of 2019
January - Bb started primary school in Singapore.
February - 10 year wedding anniversary. So fast!
March - We went to Seoul and Sb turned 1!
April - Bb started Elementary school in Japan. Ryo started a new job.
May - Bbxigua visited us for a weekend!
July - Bb turned 7! & attended the NDP preview for the first time! I also took a big step and started adult ballet lessons.
August - We went for a Sentosa staycation for national day weekend & visited the Bicentennial. Bb got promoted to Grey/White belt in BJJ!
September - I grew older but my heart stayed young. Lots of love and thanks to all my lovely friends who celebrated my birthday with me before we left Singapore.
October - First experience of a rugby world cup match, fantastic atmosphere all around!
November - Met up with an old friend in Kyoto, had a whale of a time catching up and eating. Of course Singaporeans are the happiest with food!
December - Finally we got a holiday from school, and took a week plus to R&R in Koh Samui. But grandma passed away on 23rd Dec.. continued the rest of the vacation with a heavy heart. At least when we got back, I managed to meet up with another old friend for a day of catching up without kids in Hiroshima and had a more refreshing end to the year.

I think we worked very hard this year. All of us. Bb worked hard to be adaptable enough in both schools, and all her classes, ballet, BJJ, swimming and piano practice.

For 2020, I posted this on facebook first, because seriously somehow it's easier to do short updates on social media nowadays:

2020 - new decade new year new rules -
1. Be more open with my feelings - who cares if pple dun reciprocate or appreciate? At least I have no regrets!
2. Be chill & stay happy as much as possible.
3. Declutter possessions and relationships - Let whatever /whoever that doesn’t matter go.
4. Prioritise loyalty & kindness in friendship - keep the ones who really care about me closer and be more appreciative of them, also keep in contact more!
5. Up the positivity quotient, try to always see the good side of things.
6. Stress less about the kids and be more encouraging - they have my genes and will grow better with a happy mum
7. Complete all/ any unfinished projects/business.
8. Plan more investments.

Things I wan to do more-
1. Drive more in sg - just offer to drive my parents ard to practise
2. Exercise more and pick up new sports
3. Cook more different food
4. Take more photos of everyone in my life.
5. Journal/blog more.
Some things go without saying
1. The importance of family & the village - being there for them and them being there for u

2020 is going to be a tough year as a family, but I think with lots of mental strength and help from the village,  it's no different from any other year :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read Older Posts

Google
 
Web booboogal.blogspot.com


.