Tuesday, May 10, 2005

An interesting I found on the ROM website.. this highly increases the possibility of marrying a Japanese haha.. since there is not as much hassle as I tot, to ROM on both sides etc.hee hee...

Q What are the common things I need to know, as a Singaporean/PR who have married overseas?

A 1) The law does not require couples who contracted marriages overseas to re-register (includes "converting" or "endorsing" a foreign marriage certificate) with the Singapore ROM. The marriage certificate issued by the competent authority of the foreign country may be accepted as prima facie evidence of a marriage between the parties named in the certificate.
2) You may update agencies which you have dealings with, about your new marital status. For example, you may wish to update your marital status with CPF Board (Central Provident Fund) to change nomination of CPF beneficiary.
3) If you wish to insert your husband's name into your identification documents, you may contact the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.
4) If your spouse is a foreigner and you like to obtain permanent residence or citizenship for him/her, you may seek the advice of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Read Older Posts

Web booboogal.blogspot.com